- HTTP Basic Authentication with passwords is a basic means to identify client and server in HTTP connections. However, as HTTP connections are not secure and forward passwords without transport encryption the passwords are visible in the network. It is therefore recommended to switch to HTTPS Server Authentication that implements transport encryption.
- Consider the communication scheme between JS7 components as explained from the JS7 - System Architecture:
- User browsers acting as http clients establish connections to JOC Cockpit as an http server.
- JOC Cockpit acting as an http client establishes connections to Controllers Controller instances acting as http servers.
- Controllers Controller instances acting as http clients establish connections to Agents acting as http servers.